DEFENSES TO DEBT BUYER LAWSUITS IN NEW YORK
If you are being sued by a debt buyer such as Cavalry SPV I, LLC, Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC or Midland Funding, LLC, our firm has the ability to fight for your rights throughout the duration of your case. Several debt defenses may be available to you depending on your situation.
Affirmative defenses can be filed in answer to the Complaint, including reasons such as:
- Statute of limitations has expired
- A challenge that you are the party legally responsible for the debt sued upon
- Lack of standing to sue
- The presence of a contractual arbitration provision
- Lack of personal jurisdiction
- Failure to state a claim upon which relief can be granted
- Improper service of the complaint
GET HELP TODAY
We provide personalized representation to each of our clients in the Hudson Valley and throughout New York State who needs strong legal guidance handling a case. We can pursue a negotiated settlement with creditors and aggressively defend your rights in court. During a case evaluation, we can review your case and develop a personalized strategy based on the facts. Contact us today to get started.